Lettres, langues et communication
Sciences de la nature
Sciences humaines (Admin)
Sciences humaines (S-I)
Social Science (Eng)
Comptabilité et de gestion
Éducation à l'enfance
Soins infirmiers (Aux)
Fields of university studies
Program goals :
- Distinguish the main facts, notions and concepts related to the human phenomena.
- Explain theories, laws, models and schools of thought in relation to their authors and concrete situations.
- Demonstrate the qualities associated with scientific intellect and critical thinking.
- Develop intellectual rigor necessary for higher studies.
- Learn to use social science methodologies, such as reasoning, hypothesis-deduction, rational arguments and the scientific method.
- Learn to correctly interpret information in the news, general articles, and statistics seen on a daily basis and use appropriate information technologies.
I like :
- Understanding human phenomenons, including psychological and sociological.
- Learning about laws, paradigms and schools of thought in relation to their authors and the phenomenas that they help explain.
- Analysing different socio-political issues from a global perspective.
- Using different technologies for processing information.
I have :
- An open mind.
- An interest in psychology, sociology, history and politics.
- The desire to express my ideas and discuss society’s issues.
- The ability and interest to work in a team.
I want :
- To pursue university studies.
- (See Academic opportunities above)
Cégep de Sept-Îles' experience :
- Bilingual Option!
- The Cégep de Sept-Îles allows me to enroll in a personalized immersion program during my Social Science / Sciences humaines college studies. This option has many advantages like preparing me to pursue university studies in English or French and eventually for the labour market. I can register in the bilingual option on a term-by-term basis.
- Social Science center
- Educational activities
- Qualified and available teachers